We are known for providing bespoke training courses for our Clients to meet their specific needs. In addition we offer a range of specialised programmes including those highlighted below.
FFWD – For Futures Worth Developing
The FFWD programme draws on a variety of techniques to deliver social and emotional aspects of learning that assist young people to:
- Build healthy self-esteem, confidence and belief in their own abilities
- Become aware of and overcome personal barriers to success
- Develop communication and leadership skills
- Develop a positive and motivated attitude towards sustainable targets
- Create a short, medium and long term action plan around personal and realistic goals
RESOLVE takes participants on a journey of discovery in which they become aware of the extent of their own negative emotions, where they come from, and effective positive choices. The programme illustrates how negative emotions and poor choices are rooted in our belief systems, personal identity etc. and how they emerge in daily interactions. Participants learn practical ways to minimise negative behaviour cycles.
- Introduction day : Restorative Justice/Practice
- Training in Restorative Justice Conferencing
- Training in Family Group Conferencing Social care
- Training in School Conferencing including exclusion, truanting etc.
Other courses we have run include:
- Building Safer Communities: Tackling Anti Social Behaviour
- Building Safer Communities: Engaging & Empowering Local Communities
- Building Safer Communities: Place making by Designing and Managing out Crime
- Building Safer Communities: Problem solving by Managing Crime, ASB and the Fear of Crime
- How to manage a crime prevention project
- What works in Youth Engagement
- Anti-Gang/bullying tools for pupils/teachers
- Cultural Awareness/Diversity in work and community
- Conflict Resolution – put in action
- Restorative Justice and mediation from theory to practice
- Helping the Disabled and Disadvantaged deal with crime and asb
- Problem solving for professionals who need to prioritise solutions for communities
- Community Safety for Youth Worker Professionals
- Community Safety for Housing Professionals
- Basic Crime Prevention course suitable for Police Crime Prevention Officer/Local Authority Community Safety Officer level
- Advance Crime Prevention course suitable for Crime Prevention Design Advisers/Architectural Liaison Officer/Local Authority Community Safety/Planning Officer level
- ISTARED Course (Intelligent Situational Threat Assessment, Risk Evaluation and Determination)
- Night Time Economy how to plan strategies that work!
- Crime Prevention/Community Safety Managers course
- CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) for Planners/Architects
- Crime Prevention and CPTED for Transport professionals
- How to undertake Environmental Visual Audits/Crime Opportunity Profiling Surveys
- Understand physical security – Locks, doors, windows, alarms, lighting etc.
- How to undertake a crime prevention/security survey
- Property marking pros and cons
- How to protect against identity theft
- How to manage violence in the workplace
- Designing out crime with school children
- Management and control of graffiti
- Understanding the ASBO world
- Residential Crime Prevention: neighbourhood watch, residential security, selection of security equipment and home security surveys
- Commercial Crime Prevention: access control, loss prevention, credit card and bank fraud, commercial security equipment and business security surveys
- University and campus security
- CCTV awareness days for Members and Officers who have the responsibility for CCTV management, spending and planning. But don’t need to know the detailed technical knowledge of how cameras work.
- Changing Offenders Attitudes to Crime and Drugs?
- Female safety – what you really need to know!
- Think thief – how to improve and test security by taking an offenders view of the world
- Hotel security – risk and management analysis
- Open Space/Parks design, management and community safety
- Silence The Violence, Face It, Goals for Young People
- Navigator, The Space Programme – Community Coaching Academy