At CIC we believe that engagement is the key to any programme’s success. We place great value on our ability to get this process right.
We focus on engaging community niches that are often ignored, unappreciated and in areas of need. This ranges from sexuality and gender differences to the elderly or from BME groupings to high crime and deprived neighbourhoods. We particularly focus on youth engagement.
We are able to talk, engage and even challenge people – explore their views, explain concepts and plans and give them a voice.
We go where and when our people want us and use a variety of tools including:
- Outreach work in the field – and we have worked literally in a field!
- 1 to 1’s with at risk people
- Focus groups and workshops
- Open, semi structured and structured interviews
- Activity days/Residentials
- School programmes
- Media events including music, drama, film
Examples of groups we have recently engaged with include:
- Young Offenders
- ‘Gang’ members
- Victims of crime
- At ‘risk’ young people
- Muslim Women’s Groups
- Young Muslims
- Residents Associations
- Police Officers & Community Safety teams
|Engagement with us gives new meaning to life, relationships and learning.|